The latest news about Serials Solutions Knowledgebase updates and database changes as well as newly added providers and databases can be found in the Support Center. Highlights of changes in the past month include:
- Two database and provider name changes
- Three database and platform migrations
- Three databases with all titles to be removed from the database
- Three databases with title-level URL changes
- And 126 new databases added
We encourage clients to verify these monthly reported knowledgebase changes against their subscriptions since action by the library is frequently required.
New content recently indexed in the Summon service ranges from instructional videos for K-12 teachers to oral history interviews of contemporary African Americans to an A&I database that covers 84 years of classical bibliography. Additions in the past month include:
- A collection of nearly 1800 instructional videos for the professional development of K-12 teachers from the Annenberg Foundation. Annenberg Learner's multimedia resources help teachers increase their expertise in their fields and assist them in improving their teaching methods.
- From ASM International, the ASM Alloy Phase Diagram Center dataset contains citations and direct links to nearly 35,000 binary and ternary phase diagrams and associated phase data for more than 6200 systems.
- All academic collections from Books24x7 including more than 25,000 books that cover topics in IT/computer science, engineering, technical, business, financial, government, and wellness.
- From Chadwyck-Healey: the Black Abolitionist Papers consisting of nearly 15,000 primary sources from African Americans actively involved in the movement to end slavery in the United States between 1830 and 1865; and more than 7000 plays in the Chadwyck-Healey Drama collections (American Drama, English Drama, Twentieth Century Drama) that are part of the Chadwyck-Healey Literature Online collections.
- The HistoryMakers from ProQuest, a digital archive of 100 videos of oral history interviews of contemporary African Americans, produced in partnership with The HistoryMakers (www.thehistorymakers.com), a non-profit organization with the mission of uncovering and preserving the untold stories of America.
- L'Année philologique an A&I database published by the Société Internationale de Bibliographie Classique in collaboration with the French Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (CNRS) and the American Philological Association (APA). The standard bibliographical tool for research in classical studies in fields related to the language, literature, history and culture of ancient Greece and Rome, it covers 84 years of classical bibliography.
Over 350 years of British colonial activity and its associated conflicts are documented in two ProQuest historical collections — Colonial State Papers and British Periodicals. The former presents documents pertaining to the administration of…
Part one of a two-part blog series. Over 350 years of British colonial activity and its associated conflicts are documented in two ProQuest historical collections — Colonial State Papers and British Periodicals. The former presents documents…
ProQuest Congressional offers insight into the historic origins of lacrosse as a Native American sport, including traditions specific to Native American peoples of New York and numerous other places. The U.S. Serial Set contains 19th and 20th…