Serials Solutions is committed to providing a strong foundation for our discovery and management solutions with the most comprehensive and accurate data in the industry – by leveraging our own proprietary systems, relying upon our dedicated staff, and collaborating with our clients and partners. Here are the latest updates to our knowledgebase:
Serials Solutions Knowledgebase Updates
We continue to add to, modify and enrich our knowledgebase. Clients can learn more details about the changes through the links below:
- 71 new full-text databases from 28 providers
- Database and Provider Name Changes: ClinicalKey Books, Encyclopédie Universalis, AGU Digital Library - Books Series from the American Geophysical Union, Taylor & Francis E-books, SpringerLink Ebook databases from Springer-Verlag, Royal Institute of British Architects
- Titles-Level URL changes for Taylor & Francis E-books, Brill Journals - NERL from Brill, Econometric Society Monographs from Cambridge University Press, Brill - SURFmarket and Brill Journal Archive Online (DFG Nationallizenzen) from Brill, Superstar 综合性图书 Database
- Titles Removed from Databases for ClinicalKey Journals, Westlaw International Database, SciELO Venezuela Database
- Database and Platform Migration for AdisOnline from Adis International
Clients can also access a list of only e-books databases within KnowledgeWorks, a historical list of changes to databases and providers, and lists of all providers and databases in KnowledgeWorks through the Support Center.
Content Recently Indexed in the Summon® Service
In the past month we’ve indexed content from Arab, Italian and German publishers as well as the award-winning database Rock’s Backpages.
- Seven open access peer-reviewed journals in medical, health, Islamic studies, engineering, and social sciences from Arab publisher Bloomsbury Qatar.
- All content from CASPUR-CIBER Publishing, affiliated with the University of Salento, including the scholarly journal Scires-IT (from volume 1 , issue 1) and three monographs.
- An Open Access Repository from the Thesis Server of the State and University Library of Hamburg. It is an Open Access Repository.
- Books covering business, economics, engineering and computer science from Now Publishers.
- Scholarly journals from the Pennsylvania State University Press.
- Covering five decades of history, Rock’s Backpages includes over 18,000 articles, interviews, and reviews for modern and contemporary music libraries and cultural studies collections. This resource was awarded Runner-Up in Library Journal’s best databases of 2011.
- The entire e-book collection of the Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics indexed at the chapter level. The SIAM e-book library features almost 400 e-books for applied mathematics and computational science communities.
Summon® clients can stay updated on all releases, enhancements and newly indexed content through the Support Center.
Updates to Ulrich’s
The world's most authoritative source of bibliographic and publisher information for serials, and the most comprehensive source of print and electronic serials data available, continues to expand. Here are the latest updates, across 105,615 (active) and 63,873 (inactive) Publisher/Provider authority records, and 977 Subject areas.
- 379,178 periodicals (increasing 768 since April 30)
- 165,574 titles with A&I coverage (increasing 1060 since April 30)
- 132,242 non-English titles (increasing 501 since April 30)
- 38,520 refereed publications (increasing 147 since April 30)
- 8,851 Open Access journals (increasing 173 since April 30)
- 604 A&I Databases, with 550 active (increasing 7 since April 30)
Over 350 years of British colonial activity and its associated conflicts are documented in two ProQuest historical collections — Colonial State Papers and British Periodicals. The former presents documents pertaining to the administration of…
Part one of a two-part blog series. Over 350 years of British colonial activity and its associated conflicts are documented in two ProQuest historical collections — Colonial State Papers and British Periodicals. The former presents documents…
ProQuest Congressional offers insight into the historic origins of lacrosse as a Native American sport, including traditions specific to Native American peoples of New York and numerous other places. The U.S. Serial Set contains 19th and 20th…