Serials Solutions is committed to providing a strong foundation for our discovery and management solutions with the most comprehensive and accurate data in the industry – by leveraging our own proprietary systems, relying upon our dedicated staff, and collaborating with our clients and partners. Here are the latest updates to our knowledgebase:
Serials Solutions Knowledgebase Updates
We continue to add to, modify and enrich our knowledgebase. Clients can learn more details about the changes through the links below:
Clients can also access a list of only e-books databases within KnowledgeWorks, a historical list of changes to databases and providers, and lists of all providers and databases in KnowledgeWorks through the Support Center.
Content Recently Indexed in the Summon® Service
In the past month we’ve indexed healthcare and science content, French and Jewish studies open access collections, and the database Oxford Islamic Studies online from OUP.
- Oxford Islamic Studies Online from Oxford University Press
- More than 120 publications from the Philosophy Documentation Center which hosts scholarly resources for philosophy, applied ethics, religious studies, classics, and related disciplines including essential reference materials, peer-reviewed journals, book series, and conference proceedings
- Two open access collections from Agence Bibliographique de l’Enseignement Supérieur (ABES) including the Calames Catalog an online catalog of archives and manuscripts in French Universities and Research Libraries and the Theses database consisting of all doctoral dissertations in France since 1985
- The open access collection RAMBI (the Index of Articles on Jewish Studies), a selective bibliography of articles in Jewish studies and the study of the Land and State of Israel, from the National Library of Israel
- From Longwoods Publishing, a combination of free access (columns and editorials) and paid access (research articles) focused on Canadian healthcare research, reports, reviews, commentaries and news from and for academics, scientists, clinicians, policymakers, administrators and pundits
- Metadata for approximately 24 German-language life-science journals from Schweizerbart Science Publishers and Borntraeger Science Publishers
- The Journal of Commercial Biotechnology, the database Drug Patent Watch and all thinkBiotech books under Logos Press imprint from thinkBiotech LLC
Summon® clients can stay updated on all releases, enhancements and newly indexed content through the Support Center.
Updates to Ulrich’s
The world’s most authoritative source of bibliographic and publisher information for serials, and the most comprehensive source of print and electronic serials data available, continues to expand. Here are the latest updates, across 105,868 (active) and 64,930 (inactive) Publisher/Provider authority records, and 977 Subject areas.
- 382,543 periodicals (increasing 882 since July 31)
- 166,177 titles with A&I coverage (increasing 794 since July 31)
- 133,581 non-English titles (increasing 203 since July 31)
- 39,299 refereed publications (increasing 147 since July 31)
- 9,534 Open Access journals (increasing 147 since July 31)
- 616 A&I Databases, with 562 active (increasing 4 since July 31)
Over 350 years of British colonial activity and its associated conflicts are documented in two ProQuest historical collections — Colonial State Papers and British Periodicals. The former presents documents pertaining to the administration of…
Part one of a two-part blog series. Over 350 years of British colonial activity and its associated conflicts are documented in two ProQuest historical collections — Colonial State Papers and British Periodicals. The former presents documents…
ProQuest Congressional offers insight into the historic origins of lacrosse as a Native American sport, including traditions specific to Native American peoples of New York and numerous other places. The U.S. Serial Set contains 19th and 20th…