- For Libraries
- For Researchers
- Products & Services
- For Customers
Learn about the latest and greatest in workflow tools and ebooks at ALA 2014! ALA Annual is quickly approaching and you’ll likely be attending many programs and sessions, and hearing about new ways to transform your library. To give you a snapshot into some of our workflow tools and ebooks, take a look below:
• Transformation through a New Model in Library Automation. Intota™ will be making its grand debut at ALA, so make sure to attend this Tales of Transformation panel discussion on Friday, June 27 or stop by booth 703 to see a quick introductory presentation. Intota™ is a library services platform designed to address the key needs of today’s libraries. It manages electronic collections and supports the expectations of the modern patron. Intota™ combines discovery, linking, collection management and assessment in one system, built on a single, authoritative knowledgebase. This innovative new solution is something you won’t want to miss learning more about!
• Streamline User Experience and Respond to their Needs. Ebrary® and EBL are making great strides in the development of a new integrated platform. EBL recently launched a completely redesigned LibCentral, now available to EBL customers and will become the backbone for the combined platform. Make sure to stop by booth 703 to learn more. At the conference, you’ll also be able to preview and learn about new ebrary® Reader, which will provide a new streamlined user experience and the new foundation for the patron experience in this combined platform. To hear even more about user design and the approach that was taken, you’re invited to join us for a special presentation about User Experience and Design in the Library on Friday, June 27. In addition, the responsive design of the Summon® service is a significant enhancement for user expectations, and adds more value for today’s library. Join us at booth 703 to see the new Responsive Design for the Summon® Service and helping users enjoy a better research experience from any Internet-connected device.
• Seamlessly Integrating Discovery with Research Management. At ALA, ProQuest will be showcasing the integration of the Summon service with Flow™ and how it transforms end-to-end researcher workflows to deliver a modern, engaging and powerful research experience. With the integration of Flow™, users can save, manage, and share their research straight from the discovery experience. Stop by booth 703 because you will want to see how this integration enhances research discovery, while also increasing knowledge-sharing and collaboration among researchers. And attend our educational session on Discovery in the Research Ecosystem on Friday, June 27.
• Update Librarian Workflows by Automating E-Resource Updates. ProQuest will be highlighting one of its newest enhancements: automating ebrary and EBL Holdings updates in its knowledgebase to support the Summon service. Currently available for EBL and ebrary holdings, this new process relieves the burden for librarians who manually maintain digital assets. It also enables more efficient marketing of collections by streamlining title availability and discoverability, which will also be covered in our Discovery session on Friday. Additionally, libraries can maximize automation with Intota™, by using the new library services platform too - another great reason to check out our booth!
• Enhancing the Discovery of Ebooks in Library Collections by Indexing Full Text. The visibility of ebooks in library collections has been boosted by indexing the full text of EBL in the Summon service’s entire catalog. Stop by booth 703 to learn how EBL’s catalog of more than 400,000 ebooks is now more discoverable, alongside titles from ebrary, which have been full-text indexed in the Summon service since 2012. With both catalogs, we’re making the initiative to improve ebook visibility and accessibility in library collections. Register for our educational session on June 27 to find out how to improve the discovery of your library’s ebooks.
• Innovations Increase Reliability Beyond What is Available Through Traditional OpenURL Link Resolvers. 360 Link with IEDL technology and the new sidebar helper frame provides the most direct and straightforward access to full-text. It responds to more than a decade of unmet user expectations with traditional link resolvers. Whether searching in a discovery service or any other popular platform, researchers will be able to experience more reliable and direct access to full-text. You’re invited to stop by our booth to learn more.
This is just a glimpse into the newest products and enhanced services we’ll be sharing at the conference.
We hope to see you there!