- For Libraries
- For Researchers
- Products & Services
- For Customers
One of our primary goals at ProQuest is to provide a rich spectrum of scholarly content, to facilitate discovery for students, researchers, faculty and librarians. We strive to deliver solutions that meet users’ needs and deliver value to the library.
The Summon® service provides a fundamentally unique user experience compared to other discovery services and is supported by a unified index that is valued for its depth and breadth of content.
One example of a unique resource that has become added to the index is the ACI Scholarly Blog Index. As noted on the ACI website in mid-October, “Summon is the first of the major discovery services to integrate ACI Scholarly Blog Index records into their service.” This particular addition to the Summon index reflects the broad array of content, in this case blog content, that researchers can discover, access, and incorporate into their research endeavors.
Beyond the ACI Scholarly Blog Index, we have made the following content additions:
- The Audio Engineering Society
- CAIRN – Books
- Cambridge University Press – Cambridge Books Online
- Cambridge University Press – Shakespeare Survey Online
- Database of Recorded American Music (DRAM)
- Edward Elgar Publishing
- HBO Kennisbank
- McGraw-Hill – Access Pediatrics
- McGraw-Hill – Access Physiotherapy
- McGraw-Hill – Access Pharmacy
- McGraw-Hill – Access Surgery
- McGraw-Hill – Access Neurology
- McGraw-Hill – OMMBID
- SAE International – Journals
- SAGE Business Researcher
- SciELO (Scientific Electronic Library) – eBooks
- Vandenhoeck & Ruprecht – eBooks
We will continue to enhance our index from a content and reporting standpoint in 2016. Look for more exciting improvements throughout 2016!
Do you work in the library and want to increase the use of your library’s entire collection? Are you a content provider and want your content indexed in Summon? Simply contact an account representative or our content relations team, and we’d be happy to talk to you about how Summon can make your content more accessible, add to our index, and improve the discovery experience for researchers.