- For Libraries
- For Researchers
- Products & Services
- For Customers
Welcome to the November 2015 ProQuest Business Content Update, focused on keeping you informed of the journal, news, market research, and other content added and removed from your ProQuest Business databases between July and September 2015.
Highlight: Now loading the Australian Financial Review
ABI/INFORM is now the only business product to contain full text for all four of these top sources for global business news – The Economist, Wall St. Journal, Financial Times, and Australian Financial Review. AFR is available with no embargo, and when loading is complete we will have two years of back file.
Forty new full-text scholarly journals were added from 14 publishers, with 23 from Walter de Gruyter. Other titles came from publishers such as CUP, Springer, Academy of Business and Retail Management. New regional titles are available from Brazil, Denmark, Hungary, Italy, and Serbia.
Only 5 scholarly full-text titles were lost or ceased, most notably Common Market Law Review and Journal of World Trade when the publisher - Aspen/Kluwer Law – requested they be removed from aggregation services. Others included Journal of Aviation Management and Education from AABRI, Recherche et Applications en Marketing (RAM) from Association Française du Marketing, and Journal of Knowledge Based Innovation in China from Emerald.
Magazines and Trade Journals
Nine new titles were added, including 7 from Athena Information Solutions (TravelBiz Monitor, Russia Business News, PharmaBiz, News on Projects, India Telecom News, India Aviation News, and HospitalityBiz).
Seven trade journals were ceased or lost, most notably 4 from Access Intelligence (Helicopter News, Defense Daily International, C41 News, and Cablefax Daily).
News and Wirefeeds
Eight new wirefeeds were added from Networld Media Group, including:
- Retail Customer Experience. News Features
- QSR Web. News Features
- Pizza Marketplace. News Features
- Mobile Payments Today. News Features
- Kiosk Marketplace. News Features
- ATM Marketplace. News Features
- Fast Casual. News Features
- Digital Signage Today. News Features
One newspaper was lost - Morning Whistle; Guangzhou, China, as well as FierceFinance from Questex Media.
Two new conference sources added, including:
- International Conference on Digital Information Processing, E-Business and Cloud Computing (DIPECC)
- International Conference on Computing Technology and Information Management (ICCTIM)
Seventeen new sources added this quarter include 5 mutual fund reports from ICRA Online by Athena Information Solutions and 12 ongoing full text reports from the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations:
- World Fertilizer Trends and Outlook to...
- State of Food Insecurity in the World, The
- Pulp and Paper Capacities
- Jute, Kenaf, Sisal, Abaca, Coir and Allied Fibres
- Forest Products
- FAO Rice Market Monitor
- FAO Forestry Paper
- Crop Prospects and Food Situation
- Cereal Supply/Demand Balances for Sub-Saharan Africa
- World Statistical Compendium for Raw Hides and Skins, Leather and Leather Footwear
- Food Outlook
- FAO Livestock Country Reviews: Poultry Sector
Don’t forget that 900 reports from Business Monitor International are available within ABI/INFORM (Complete or Trade & Industry). BMI information and analysts are quoted in dozens of media outlets each month, including sources such as The Financial Times, Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg News, Reuters, the BBC and more.
Recently the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania, one of the world’s top business schools, featured BMI’s Michelle Karavias in a deeply reported article in its research magazine, Knowledge@Wharton. The article profiles how Mexico is struggling to meet its vast infrastructure needs and improve the lives of its population, all against a legacy of public mismanagement.
Download this spreadsheet for a list of all the new content added to and removed from your ProQuest Business databases from July and September 2015.