- For Libraries
- For Researchers
- Products & Services
- For Customers
Free and filled with options – over the years, OASIS made its mark in libraries worldwide. But there’s always room for enhancement.
The premiere web-based system for searching, selecting and ordering print and ebooks is expanding its reach and resources to make life easier for librarians, and updates implemented in 2016 are based directly on customer feedback.
New streamlined workflows in OASIS save you time and support collection management in multiple ways.
- DDA MARC removal service: When publishers/aggregators remove title(s) from their platform, the OASIS DDA Available label is removed from the title and a MARC delete file is sent to the customer for internal processing.
- OASIS DDA add button: Users can add title(s) into their library's DDA pool.
- New titles awards: A library can set up an "Awards" profile to ensure receipt of print books that win specific awards.
- Collections support: Users can search for publisher collections or packages and block them from a search if the collection is already owned to avoid purchasing titles already in their holdings. We’ve started with collections from CRC Press, World Scientific and EBook Central; new collection data is added monthly.
Providing our customers with greater choice in acquiring books according to their needs and preferences is central to OASIS, which added six new publisher ebook platforms in 2016:
- Oxford University Press: UPSO
- IGI Global: InfoSci
- Wiley: Wiley Online Library
- Taylor & Francis: T&F eBooks
- Taylor & Francis: CRC netBASE
- World Scientific
And more ebook platforms are coming soon:
- De Gruyter
- OASIS users now have a range of ebook platforms to select from – aggregator platforms such as Ebook Central, EBL, ebrary, MyiLibrary, EBSCO, and publisher platforms as well.
OASIS has implemented many changes that provide an enhanced user experience, improving efficiency of the selection and ordering process.
- Greater access to title information via WorldCat link within the Title Details tab.
- Faster ebook order processing reduces the 1-2 days to only 1-2 hours!
- New tabs connect you to alternate title details, easier access to invoices, and more.
More OASIS updates are coming soon, and the platform is slated to provide deeper integrations with library systems.