ProQuest National Newspaper packages provide your library with online access to the most respected national and regional newspapers from across the U.S. The titles in ProQuest National Newspapers offer researchers thorough coverage of local, national, and international events with journalistic balance and perspective. ProQuest National Newspapers offers the most read and widely-respected papers in the U.S. including:
- The New York Times (1980-present) - the paper of record in the U.S., best known for its analysis of news, issues and social changes.
- The Wall Street Journal (1984-present) - the single most authoritative source of global and national business reporting (ProQuest has co-exclusive rights to this title).
- Washington Post (1987-present) - inside-the-beltway coverage of politics and highly respected investigative journalism.
- Los Angeles Times (1985-present) - the perspective of the American West, lauded for its coverage of immigration, entertainment, and environmental issues (ProQuest is the exclusive provider of the Los Angeles Times).
- Chicago Tribune (1985-present) - keeping readers informed of the latest news from the Chicago area, the nation and the world every day. The Tribune has a reputation for investigative and public service journalism, earning 24 Pulitzer Prizes since 1932.
- Christian Science Monitor (1988-present) - balanced, objective reporting from the most respected field journalists in the industry.
ProQuest National Newspapers packages are available on the ProQuest interface, meeting the needs of all researchers with basic and advanced search options. Quality indexing, using ProQuest controlled vocabulary, allows your patrons to find exactly what they need from news, sports, and business to obituaries, reviews, and editorials.
Choose from one of three ProQuest National Newspaper packages:
ProQuest National Newspapers Core:
- The New York Times, including The New York Times Book Review, and The New York Times Magazine
- Wall Street Journal and Wall Street Journal Online
- Washington Post
- Los Angeles Times
- The Christian Science Monitor
ProQuest National Newspapers Expanded
Includes all of the titles in National Newspapers Core and:
- The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
- The Boston Globe
- Chicago Tribune
- The Denver Post
- USA Today
ProQuest National Newspaper Premier
Includes all of the titles in National Newspaper Core and Expanded and:
- Austin American Statesman
- Detroit News
- Honolulu Star Advertiser
- Las Vegas Review-Journal
- Minneapolis Star Tribune
- New York Daily News
- Oakland Tribune
- Orange County Register
- Philadelphia Inquirer
- Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
- San Antonio Express-News
- San Jose Mercury News
- South Florida Sun-Sentinel
- St. Louis Post-Dispatch
- St. Petersburg Times
Accessing ProQuest National Newspapers
This database is available on the all-new ProQuest platform and is now cross-searchable with Historical Newspapers. The ProQuest interface offers additional features for a user-friendly and precise searching experience:
Narrow searches by date, multiple fields and document types
Abstracts for every newspaper article
The interface is available in 17 different languages
Translate articles on demand
Open URL Compliant
For access to the latest news, start here.
Product Trial and More
Click here to sign up for a free trial of ProQuest National Newspapers. Pricing information is available through your ProQuest Representative. Click here to find your ProQuest Account Representative.