By accessing the Product(s), you, the Institution listed on the Order Form, agree that you and your Authorized Users are bound as follows:
1. License Grant. Subject to the terms of this Agreement, ProQuest LLC and its affiliates ("ProQuest") hereby grant to Customer a non-exclusive, non-transferable license (the "License") for Customer and its Authorized Users to access and use the products and services listed on Customer's approved Order Form (the "Service") solely at Customer's principal location and those locations listed on the Additional Sites Schedule. Access and use of the Service is only for the internal, research purposes of Customer and/or its Authorized Users as further described in Exhibit A. Additional Sites may be added upon written notice to ProQuest and payment of additional fees, if applicable. Customer does not acquire any intellectual property ownership in the Service or any associated software, systems, documentation, content or other materials. All such rights and interests remain in ProQuest and its licensors.
2. Authorized Users. "Authorized User" means only: (1) For public libraries: library staff, individual residents of Customer's reasonably defined geographic area served, and walk-in patrons while they are on-site; (2) For schools and other academic institutions: currently enrolled students, faculty, staff, and visiting scholars, as well as walk-in patrons while they are on-site; and (3) For other types of organizations: employees and independent contractors, while performing their work. Authorized Users excludes Customer's corporate affiliates, academic bookstores, and alumni unless those users are expressly included and reflected on the Order Form or Additional Sites Schedule.
3. Secure/Remote Access. All access and use of the Service must be made via a secure network and secure authentication methods. Use of the Service by remote access is allowed unless otherwise stated on the Order Form. Customer will strictly limit any remote access to its Authorized Users through the use of passwords, IP addresses or other secure method of user verification. Customer will immediately notify ProQuest if Customer believes its security has been compromised. Posting of usernames or passwords, or otherwise enabling access for the benefit of non-subscribing institutions or users, is strictly prohibited.
4. Updates to the Service. ProQuest will announce any substantial additions, deletions, or modifications of information, databases, materials, capabilities, or services within the Service by email to Customer's representatives who sign up to receive updates. These changes shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, and shall not materially alter use of the Service.
5. Supplemental Terms. Some of the content included in the Service has conditions of use applicable solely to such content. Links to content-specific conditions are clearly displayed with the associated content and will not materially alter use of the Service. Where third-party databases and certain special content types are subject to special terms, such terms and conditions shall be clearly referenced on the Order Form.
6. Variations in Content. The content provided as part of the Service is primarily owned and supplied to ProQuest under agreement with third party licensors, and is subject to the continuation and extent of the license granted under such agreements. ProQuest shall have the right, in its reasonable and good faith discretion, to remove or modify materials in the Service because (i) ProQuest's right to distribute such materials lapses, (ii) such materials contain errors or could be subject to an infringement or other adverse claim by a third party, or (iii) particular content collections have changed due to editorial selection, coordination, or arrangement of materials.
7. Fees and Payments. Customer agrees to pay the fees for the Service shown on the Order Form within 30 days of receipt of ProQuest's invoice unless otherwise specified on the Order Form. Fees are based in part on Customer's population served, Authorized Users and Additional Sites at the time of the order. If any combination of these elements materially increases (e.g., if the Customer acquires a new affiliate), a fee increase commensurate with such change may be required before access and use of the Service is provided to or for the benefit of the additional user population, Authorized Users and/or Additional Sites. Firm U.S. Government orders require a valid purchase order and advance payment or payment in accordance with FAR 52.213.2.
8. U.S. Government Restricted Rights. Services include materials that are commercial technical data and/or computer databases and/or commercial computer software, as applicable, which were developed exclusively at private expense by ProQuest LLC, 789 E. Eisenhower Parkway, Ann Arbor, MI 48108. U.S. Government rights to use, modify, reproduce, release, perform, display, or disclose these technical data and/or computer databases and/or computer software are subject to the limited rights restrictions of DFARS SUBPART 252.227-7202-3 (December 2011) Rights in Computer Software and Computer Software Documentation and/or subject to the restrictions of DFARS 252.227-7019 (Sep 2011) Validation of Asserted Restrictions - Computer Software, as applicable for U.S. Department of Defense procurements and the limited rights restrictions of FAR 52.227-14 (December 2007) Rights in Data-General, FAR 52-227-20(c)(2-3) (December 2007) Rights in Data-SBIR Program and/or subject to the restricted rights provisions of FAR 52.227-15 (December 2007) Representation of Limited Rights Data and Restricted Computer Software and FAR 52.227-19 (Dec 2007) Commercial Computer Software-Restricted Rights, as applicable, and any applicable agency FAR Supplements, for non-Department of Defense Federal procurement.
9. Term. Customer's access to a particular Service shall continue for the period on the Order Form, plus any agreed renewal period(s). This Agreement shall continue in force for so long as Customer subscribes to at least one Service. Thereafter, the following survive: Sections 9 and 12-15, and any "PAL" perpetual licenses (subject to all relevant use restrictions and security requirements).
10. Termination for Breach. If a party breaches a material term of this Agreement and does not cure within 30 days from written notice, the other party may immediately terminate this Agreement in whole or as to the affected Service. If this Agreement is terminated in whole or in part for Customer's breach, (i) ProQuest shall disable access to any terminated Service, (ii) Customer shall destroy any files, information, data or software derived from any terminated Service in its possession or control, and certify destruction upon request, and (iii) ProQuest reserves the right to pursue all available legal remedies.
11. Remedial Action. Without limiting the above, ProQuest may suspend delivery of the Service if it reasonably determines that Customer's or Authorized User's failure to comply with this Agreement may cause irreparable harm to it or its licensors. If delivery is suspended, ProQuest will work in good faith to restore Customer's access as soon as possible.
12. Service Level. If the Service or content are hosted by ProQuest, ProQuest will use commercially reasonable efforts to provide access to the Service on a continuous 24/7 basis (except for regularly scheduled maintenance) and free from viruses or other harmful software. ProQuest shall not be liable for any failure or delay or interruption in the Service or failure of any equipment or telecommunications resulting from any cause beyond ProQuest's reasonable control. Customer is responsible for providing all required information for account set up and activation, and for any telecommunications connections and related third-party charges.
13. Limited Warranty and Disclaimer of Warranty. ProQuest warrants that the Service will perform substantially as documented on ProQuest's public websites (the "ProQuest Websites"). EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY WARRANTED HEREIN, THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE." PROQUEST AND ITS LICENSORS DISCLAIM ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE PERTAINING TO: MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AVAILABILITY, ACCURACY, TIMELINESS, CORRECTNESS, RELIABILITY, CURRENCY, OR COMPLETENESS OF THE SERVICE OR ANY INFORMATION OR RESULTS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICE, EVEN IF ASSISTED BY PROQUEST. PROQUEST SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR DETERMINING THE COMPATIBILITY OF ANY HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE NOT SUPPLIED BY PROQUEST WITH THE SERVICE AND PROVIDES NO WARRANTY WITH RESPECT TO THE OPERATION OF SUCH HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE WITH THE SERVICE.
14. Limitation of Liability. THE MAXIMUM LIABILITY OF PROQUEST AND ITS LICENSORS ARISING OUT OF ANY CLAIM RELATED TO THE SERVICE OR THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF FEES RECEIVED BY PROQUEST FROM CUSTOMER IN THE 12 MONTHS IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO SUCH CLAIM. IN NO EVENT SHALL PROQUEST OR ITS LICENSORS BE LIABLE TO CUSTOMER OR ITS AUTHORIZED USERS FOR (i) ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR SPECIAL DAMAGES; OR (ii) ANY CLAIM RELATED TO CUSTOMER'S OR ITS AUTHORIZED USERS' USE OF COVER IMAGES OR USER-GENERATED CONTENT PROVIDED AS PART OF THE SERVICE; OR (iii) UNAUTHORIZED USE OF THE SERVICE.
15. Place. ProQuest's principal place of business, where this contract is formed and all services will be deemed performed, is 789 E. Eisenhower Pkwy, Ann Arbor, MI 48108.
16. Entire Agreement. This Agreement, including the Order Form, these Terms and Conditions, and Exhibit A, constitutes the entire agreement between the parties hereto with respect to its subject matter and supersedes all previous and contemporaneous agreements between the parties with respect to the same subject matter and may not be amended, except in a writing signed by the parties. The terms of Customer's purchase orders, if any, are for Customer's convenience and do not supersede any term or condition of this Agreement.