eLibrary® Canada Curriculum Edition is an affordable and easy-to-use general online reference database for Canadian K-12 schools. The database combines premium full text and multimedia content, unique functionality, curriculum support tools, and user-friendly search options to give users the ultimate online research experience.
Designed for both novice and advanced researchers, eLibrary Canada Curriculum Edition features more than 3,000 Canadian, U.S., and international titles, including newspapers, magazines, books, maps, audio/video titles, transcripts, weblinks, and pictures.
ProQuest® Learning: Literature and History Study Center™ are accessed via the eLibrary Canada Curriculum Edition search interface. These two additional databases provide more diverse content sources and support English Language Arts, History, and Social Studies curriculum.
- ProQuest Learning: Literature offers a comprehensive, integrated literary resource for original full-text works, author biographies, contemporary criticism, and more.
- History Study Centerprovides thousands of historical primary and secondary sources covering ancient to modern U.S.and world history.
Each resource can be searched together with eLibrary Canada general reference content, or searched individually.
eLibrary Canada Curriculum Edition lets users find quality information from eight different media types:
- Magazines—more than 1,800 full-text titles that cover general interest to peer-reviewed publications.
- Newspapers—track trends and follow current events with over 300 full-text national and international titles.
- Books—place information and topics in context using nearly 400 full-text reference books.
- Maps—find over 7,000 topographical, historical, thematic, and interactive maps.
- Pictures—explore more than seven million photos and images—both current and historical—of art and architecture, animals and plants, people and places, and more.
- TV & Radio Transcripts—get the final word on broadcast programs with nearly 2 million transcripts from popular TV and radio programs.
- Audio/Video—more than 18,000 streaming audio and video files to bring events and processes to life. Clips include historical footage, current news programs, animations of how things work, and more.
- Weblinks—search the Web more effectively with more than 115,000 editor screened and selected websites indexed by topics appropriate to K-12 study.
Research Made Easy
eLibrary Canada Curriculum Edition provides K-12 schools with compelling resources for reinforcing technology and information literacy for users of all ages. In addition to meeting a wide range of research and curricular requirements, eLibrary Canada Curriculum Edition’s high quality content and easy-to-use search features can help students find the information they require quickly and easily.
- Search Canadian sources only—Researchers can limit their search to Canadian sources only for a true Canadian focus.
- Search French language content only—Researchers can limit their search to French language publications exclusively.
- Research Topic pages—Review the best (and most visually attractive) content, curated by editors, on more that 7,500 of the most popular search queries. A great starting point to learn the context behind the topic before exploring the article results.
- Multiple search options—Keyword, Boolean, Topic, Reference Desk, Publication, and Reading Level/Lexile Search can help users pinpoint the information they need.
- More functionality—Reference Desk, Citation generator, Highlight and Look-Up, and MyList can save researchers time and effort during the research process.
- Added curriculum support tools—Whether you are a librarian or teacher, eLibrary provides the ability to create you own timelines and slideshows, create quizzes and annotate content for later review. In addition, documents are aligned to provincial curriculum standards, with a standards search tool linking each benchmark to a continually updated collection of documents.