- For Libraries
- For Researchers
- Products & Services
- For Customers
The Journal of the Photographic Society, later renamed The Photographic Journal, first appeared in 1853, only fourteen years after the public announcement of the invention of photography. Many of the most eminent names from the formative years of photography were associated with the Society and their findings published in the journal which contains papers, correspondence, enquiries, news, and professional advice from such men as Sir Charles Eastlake, first President; Roger Fenton, first Secretary; and later P.H. Emerson and Alfred Stieglitz.
The journal also carries reviews of exhibitions including reproductions of works from the annual international exhibition, while the advertisements in early volumes provide researchers with a valuable resource for studying the development of photographic equipment and techniques.
This spectacular geometric structure of four stacked glass boxes is Halifax’s new flagship library and since opening in 2014, it’s been causing a stir.
Survivors of the Guatemalan Genocide, which took the lives of 200,000 civilians share their stories in video testimonials recorded by the USC Shoah Foundation Visual History Archive.