UMI Dissertation Publishing provides the only comprehensive service in the world for publishing, archiving and disseminating graduate research.
Over the past 70 years, we have published more than 2 million dissertations and theses. Most graduate schools in the United States require their students to publish with UMI. Why? Doctoral dissertations and master's theses are primary literature. They are valuable contributions to the discourse in every field of inquiry.
Benefits of publishing with UMI Dissertations Publishing:
- Each published graduate work is preserved in microform and in digital form (PDF)
- Two microform copies are stored in separate climate and humidity controlled vaults which meet all Library of Congress qualifications. Each microform copy meets exacting ANSI standards, and the digital copy is backed up in several locations. Each approach will ensure the long term preservation of your dissertation or thesis)
- Publishing with us gives you a legitimate citation for your curriculum vitae and for other scholars who refer to your work. ProQuest’s dissertation research tools have been the primary sources used to cite published dissertations and theses for decades
- Once your dissertation or thesis has been published, you can provide interested parties with a permanent link to your citation
- You choose how it’s distributed: Open Access or restrict
- Your dissertation will be listed in our ProQuest Dissertations & Theses (PQDT) database, accessed by academic researchers around the world
- We can sell copies of your work. Access to your citation is free, and libraries and researchers can purchase a copies of your graduate work in print, PDF, or microform