ProQuest Dissertation Publishing has been publishing dissertations and theses since 1938. We publish more than 70,000 new graduate works each year. All of the top-ranked research universities in the United States, as defined by the Carnegie Foundation, publish graduate works with ProQuest, as do hundreds of other institutions in the United States and around the world.
Why publish with ProQuest Dissertation Publishing?
ProQuest Dissertation Publishing provides the only comprehensive service in the world for publishing, archiving, and disseminating graduate research. For the past 70 years, institutions have relied on us to publish, archive, and provide access to their students' graduate works.
During this time, we have developed a unique expertise in serving the scholarly community's dissertation and thesis publishing needs.
ProQuest Dissertation Publishing takes responsibility for publishing, preserving, and disseminating your students' graduate research. As a publishing partner, you are entitled to a host of services for your students’ publications, including:
Showcasing Your Research
- Distribution of citations and abstracts through ProQuest Dissertations & Theses (PQDT), promoting your students' graduate works within the most comprehensive collection of graduate research in the world
- PQDT facilitates citation inclusion in such leading indexes as ABI/INFORM, Sociological Abstracts, ERIC, Institute of Physics (IOP), Wilson Art Full Text, PsycINFO, MathSciNet, NASA Astrophysics Data Systems and Chemical Abstracts, ensuring that the graduate work will be made available to these and other essential subject-specific databases
- Search descriptors assigned by editorial subject specialists, making every work easy to discover
- Sales and dissemination of your full text graduate works to academic communities around the world (with the permission of individual authors), promoting your institution's scholarly work on the world stage
- Inspection of each graduate work for completeness before publishing, ensuring that your student's work is presented in the best possible way
Expanding Access to Your Scholarly Record
- Free online access to graduate works from your institution through our Dissertations & Theses @ service so that your users can easily access all of your submitted works, anytime, anywhere
- Provision of free graduate work MARC records to your university library, ensuring easy discovery of and access to your academic works by library users
- Long term preservation of each graduate work in microform and digital format so that it is available to the academic community in perpetuity
Supporting the Publishing Process
- Assignment of an ISBN to each graduate work, so that it is easily made accessible as a print work
- Optional filing of copyright registration with the United States Copyright Office (for an additional fee, at the author's request) so author rights are ensured
- Full-text copies of graduate works in multiple formats available to schools and authors at pre-publication discount prices, allowing easy and affordable access to the graduate works of your institution
- For these reasons and more, most graduate schools in the United States require their students to publish their dissertations with ProQuest. Learn more about our North American accreditation policy.
With the growing popularity of ProQuest ETD Administrator, our online submission system, more and more universities are also seeing the value of publishing master's theses with us. In the past, the sheer volume of master's theses generated each year made it difficult for many graduate schools to support publishing of master's theses, but our online submission system has simplified the process significantly.
Contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about ProQuest Dissertations Publishing and how it will benefit your institution.