- For Libraries
- For Researchers
- Products & Services
- For Customers
In attempting to restore Williamsburg as an authentic colonial town, historians, architects, archaeologists, and curators examined existing structures, excavated sites, consulted eighteenth-century books, manuscripts, engravings and maps and searched land records to document each stage of the reconstruction. The results have been preserved at the Colonial Williamsburg Foundation Library in the form of manuscript reports now published for the first time.
The microfiche edition contains over 900 reports dating from the beginning of the restoration in 1926 written by scholars and illustrated with scale drawings, maps, blueprints, photographs, copies of wills, letters and other records, providing a rich resource for research in all areas of early American history.