NewspaperDirect ND Press (ND Press) is an innovative service that enables libraries to print original-format, current-edition newspapers in their libraries on any networked printer. With their choice of over 2,000 titles from around the world, libraries can tailor their newspaper collection to satisfy the interests and needs of their multicultural communities and general population. Available at the moment of publication, titles can be scheduled to print automatically on an ongoing basis, or individually on demand.
With ND Press, you get:
- Same Day Editions—With ND Press, libraries can print any selected newspaper on the day of issue, regardless of where in the world the newspaper is published. Publishers send their paper to NewspaperDirect electronically when they send their newspaper to press.
- Broad Selection—Users have access to over 1,000 newspaper titles from over 80 countries in 41 languages. Our selection includes globally prominent titles such as The Guardian, The Globe & Mail, El Pais, and Yomiuri Shimbun, as well as key titles from the United States such as the Los Angeles Times, Boston Globe, Chicago Tribune, and The Washington Post. The service regularly adds new newspaper titles. Expand your title selection to meet patron demand and ensure that researchers using the library have the most current information at their fingertips.
- Original Format—ND Press prints newspapers in the original format with all the ads, articles, comics, and features found in the original publications. Printed in color or black and white in various print sizes, the ND Press version is easy to handle and easy to store.
- Deep Archive—A robust 60-day archive is available for users to download past issues.
- Print Flexibility—Enjoy the option of printing an entire newspaper or individual page prints with printers already in the library.
- Seat Licenses—Multiple users can have access to ND Press allowing print capabilities at various locations.
- Flexible Ordering—ND Press provides the library with complete control over its newspaper selection. Newspapers can be printed as single editions or subscriptions. Orders can be added, modified, or deleted directly using the PressReader software.
- Reduces Costs—ND Press can be more cost-effective than subscribing to most mailed- in newspapers. It enables you to print only the newspapers you need and to adjust your order at any time. It reduces wastage while allowing for multiple copies of popular editions.
While ND Press is a great way to bring today's print newspapers into your library, make sure to ask about PressDisplay, offering full-color, full-image newspaper replicas from around the world designed for desktop viewing. Along with ND Press, this end-user solution helps complete your domestic and international newspaper offerings.