Entrepreneurship is one of the most talked-about subjects and areas of study today; however, information to support study, practice, and teaching is widely scattered. In addition, user needs go beyond traditional research and education tools and must include practical tools and information useful in starting and growing successful businesses.
ProQuest Entrepreneurship provides solutions to these problems by offering a central access point to a variety of discovery and advisory tools specific to the needs of entrepreneurship.
Bridging Theory with Practice
ProQuest Entrepreneurship delivers a unique and powerful database collection -- designed to arm entrepreneurs with vital resources to develop and research their ideas while providing valuable insight to help progress and grow their product or service.
ProQuest Entrepreneurship gives users access to an unprecedented collection of content types together in one product:
- Video Clips--Watch and listen to entrepreneurs as they give firsthand accounts of their business experiences. Featuring over 11,000 video clips, many of which contain transcripts for convenient reference and can be downloaded.
- New! Business Plans--From the well known University of Texas at Austin Venture Labs Investment Competition (formerly Moot Corp), a collection of almost 400 business plans drawn from this renowned competition. Includes plans presented by participants which are drawn from regional business plan competitions from around the world. Spans all types of businesses from technology to consumer goods.
- Market Research--With instant access to thousands of market research documents, entrepreneurs can quickly become equipped with the data needed for thorough analysis and pitching to investors. This valuable content contains market and company reports, key financial ratios, demographics, insights, benchmarks, statistics, and more.
- Start-Up Plans, Templates and Forms--Give users an A-to-Z approach to entrepreneurship as steps are laid out from concept through management. These tools also guide users through various processes and can serve as a "checklist" of items needed to secure financing.
Journal and Magazine Content--Top publications relating to the practice of entrepreneurship are provided in the form of full journal runs plus selected articles with a weekly refresh from more than 11,000 sources ensuring the latest information for users.
Business Cases--A staple in the study and practice of entrepreneurship, a business case is a structured plan outlining the feasibility of an idea. Obtaining business cases can be expensive in a piecemeal fashion. In the academic setting, business cases allow professors to build or refresh the courses they teach.
Working Papers--Working papers are "future" articles which may appear in publications months or years down the road. These "full-length" versions of the author's work provide cutting-edge insight and information on the latest trends in a variety of subject areas.
Conference Proceedings--Conferences are often the first place an idea is shared prior to a person creating a working paper -- these events reflect the latest in scholarly research spanning all topics. Conferences are often panel discussions and help promote innovative thought on various topics.
Full Text Dissertations--Provide insight into roads already traveled while helping to jumpstart research and exploration for an entire "thought area" through the work of others. Dissertations serve as a springboard for new research and ideas on which to build.
Blogs--More than 61,000 blog entries licensed and approved by Newstex. Blogs are reviewed by professional editors and provide users with fresh new sources of information covering entrepreneurship, trade and industry, and global business.
Books--With access to hundreds of reference and “how to” books online, entrepreneurs gain coverage for a wide variety of business topics. Subjects include business plans, grant writing, small-business marketing, finance, and many more.
Company Profiles--More than 48,000 premium company profiles from Hoovers. Users can quickly research company fact sheets, overviews, competitive analysis, and financial information – useful in researching market opportunity for new business ideas.
A new ProQuest search experience
ProQuest Entrepreneurship is on the all-new ProQuest platform, where users will benefit from a powerful and easy-to-navigate search environment that is cross-searchable with other ProQuest resources for a more powerful set of results. A clean and engaging look guides users of all levels through basic and advanced searches and provides fast access to featured content such as Topic Paths for instant information and insight.
Authoritative content from top providers of entrepreneurial information
ProQuest Entrepreneurship includes content from top providers of entrepreneurial information including:
- Dow Jones
- Emerald Publishing
- Springer Science + Business Media
- Palgrave Macmillan
- John Wiley & Sons ("For Dummies" book series)
- University of Texas at Austin Venture Labs Investment Competition
- New Strategist, Snapshots, Hoovers and many other company, market, and industry reports
- Social Science Research Network (SSRN)
Praise for ProQuest Entrepreneurship
ProQuest Entrepreneurship was a 2011 CODiE Finalist for Best Financial/Market Data Information Service.
Contact ProQuest for More Information
ProQuest Entrepreneurship is available now! If you would like more information or would like to sign up for a trial, contact your ProQuest representative or call 800.521.0600 ext 73344 to locate your local ProQuest Representative.
Register here for a free trial of ProQuest Entrepreneurship.