Jane Burke to speak at NISO’s “Discovery to Delivery: Solutions to Put Your Content Where the Users Are”
September 29 – Jane Burke, general manager of Serials Solutions and vice president at ProQuest Information and Learning, will help you understand how you can present your users with an integrated and streamlined experience for the entire discovery to delivery process at NISO’s “Discovery to Delivery: Solutions to Put Your Content Where the Users Are” on November 2-3, 2006 at the National Agricultural Library in Beltsville, Maryland.
Jane joins other industry-thought leaders to help you use technology and standards to help library users find, identify, locate and retrieve information from their desktop. Librarians that focus on collection development, electronic resources, acquisitions, interlibrary loan or web portal systems are encouraged to attend.
During the course of the event you can learn from other librarians, publishers, and service providers how to use technology and standards to achieve this vision of seamless discovery to delivery. You will get practical answers that will help you:
• make your content more accessible beyond your traditional user base
• integrate or enhance your content with that of other content providers
• utilize the latest in search and metasearch techniques
• provide users with choices in delivery of discovered content
• deliver information to users wherever they may be