Peter McCracken, Co-founder and Director of Electronic Content Management of Serials Solutions, will help you understand the lifecycle of today’s journal article and how this impacts the use of your publications or collections at NISO’s “Managing Electronic Collections: Strategies from Content to User” on September 28-30 in Denver, CO.
Peter joins other industry-thought leaders such as Herbert Van de Sompel, Marshall Breeding, and Mike Teets, and many others, to help you get an “outside-in” customer-focused view on how to manage today’s increasingly complex electronic collections. Librarians that focus on collection development, electronic resources, acquisitions, or systems are encouraged to attend.
During the course of the event you can hear solutions-based perspectives of librarians, publishers, and system vendors on usage statistics, ERM systems, repository management, digital rights and licensing, and systems integration. In addition, you can learn the practical steps you can take today to maximize the value of your electronic collections from others’ best practices and case studies.
You will get practical answers to:
• Who is using your collections, and how
• How to automate the collection management process
• What decisions are needed for effective repository management
• How to handle copyright and licenses for electronic content
• What you can do to integrate your collections and improve end user access