Over the next two months we are celebrating our team of data librarians and highlighting how they move Serials Solutions, libraries, and users forward with their commitment to librarianship. After reviewing our data updates, take note of our scheduled webinars and look forward to meeting members of our data team.
We continue to add to, modify and enrich the Serials Solutions Knowledgebase. Updates and database changes as well as newly added providers and databases can be found in the Support Center. Highlights include:
- Added 278 new full-text databases and 33 new providers
- Three database and provider name changes including E-STAT databases from Statistics Canada, 碩睿資訊有限公司 (Shou Ray Information Service Co., Ltd.), and Taylor & Francis e-books
- A database migration for Hoover’s databases
- Two title-level URL changes to ASME Transactions Journals and Portral De Revistas de la Red de Centros Miembros de CLACSO, along with a title-level domain change for a few Cambridge University Press titles
- Other notifications and content changes for Gale Digital Collections, EIRA databases, and more
We encourage clients to verify these monthly reported knowledgebase changes against their subscriptions since action by the library is frequently required.
New content recently indexed in the Summon service over the past month includes more than 90 A&I databases from ProQuest, Chinese content backfiles, and a respected OA collection.
- Backfile data (before 18 July 2011) for the Chongqing VIP Chinese Science and Technology Database from Chongqing VIP Information. The database, which is China’s largest national comprehensive database, contains more than 19 million records with both metadata and full text covering more than 400 Chinese newspapers, 8,000 Chinese journals and 5,000 foreign journals.
- From Chadwyck Healey BSC Newspapers, metadata and abstracts of more than 5 million records of newspapers from the Black Studies Center collection.
- eScholarship@McGill, the McGill University open access collection, showcases the publications and theses of McGill University faculty and students. The collection includes more than 30,000 full-text documents of electronic theses, research articles and reports, working papers, conference papers and books.
And here are the latest updates to our Ulrich’s database, across 977 subject areas and 168,968 Publisher/Provider authority records, of which 105,543 are active.
- 376,820 periodicals (increasing 881 since January 31)
- 164,321 titles with A&I coverage (increasing 300 since January 31)
- 130,854 non-English titles (increasing 488 since January 31)
- 37,930 refereed publications (increasing 229 since January 31)
- 8,419 Open Access journals (increasing 52 since January 31)
- 589 A&I Databases, with 535 active (increasing 2 since January 31)
Over 350 years of British colonial activity and its associated conflicts are documented in two ProQuest historical collections — Colonial State Papers and British Periodicals. The former presents documents pertaining to the administration of…
Part one of a two-part blog series. Over 350 years of British colonial activity and its associated conflicts are documented in two ProQuest historical collections — Colonial State Papers and British Periodicals. The former presents documents…
ProQuest Congressional offers insight into the historic origins of lacrosse as a Native American sport, including traditions specific to Native American peoples of New York and numerous other places. The U.S. Serial Set contains 19th and 20th…