Serials Solutions is committed to providing a strong foundation for our discovery and management solutions with the most comprehensive and accurate data in the industry – by leveraging our own proprietary systems, relying upon our dedicated staff, and collaborating with our clients and partners. Here are the latest updates to our knowledgebase:
Serials Solutions Knowledgebase Updates
We continue to add to, modify and enrich our knowledgebase. Clients can learn more details about the changes through the links below:
- 106 new full-text databases from 35 providers
- Database and Provider Name Changes: Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace (P62) from ProQuest, Latin America and the Caribbean from Gale, 武汉鼎森电子科技有限公司, Landscan Global Archives (2000-2010) from East View Information Services from East View Information Services, Database RIA Checkpoint from Thomson RIA, and ScienceDirect eBook Collections from Elsevier
- Database and Platform Migrations: ProQuest Advanced Technologies & Aerospace Journals, Naxos Music Library (Jazz) from Naxos Digital Services, and Berghahn Journals from Berghahn Books Online: Database Migration
- Titles-Level URL changes for Knovel Databases, Landscan Global Archives (2000-2010) from East View Information Services, and Oldenbourg Verlagsgruppe Zeitschriften and Oldenbourg Verlagsgruppe Bücher Databases
- Titles Removed from Databases for Digital Library on Chinese Mathematics, Policies and Laws of China (PLOC), and American Physical Society Journals (Scitation) from American Physical Society
Clients can also access a list of only e-books databases within KnowledgeWorks, a historical list of changes to databases and providers, and lists of all providers and databases in KnowledgeWorks through the Support Center.
Content Recently Indexed in the Summon® Service
In the past month we’ve indexed content full-text Arabic publications, patent documents from the EPO, a popular video collection from Australia, and healthcare journals from Wolters Kluwer Health.
- From leading Arabic electronic content service provider Al Manhal, the industry’s only provider of full-text searchable electronic databases of peer-reviewed and copyright protected Arabic publications, full text and metadata for almost 10,600 records covering their eBook Collections in 10 main subject areas, Journal Collections (with over 36 journals), eReports Collections (daily, weekly and monthly reports back to 2008), and eDissertations Database.
- Almost 220,00 records representing academic and trade books on the Askew & Holts VLe ebook platform for universities, colleges and schools primarily in the UK
- The entire scholarly proceedings library, known as eWIC, from BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT. Over 5100 records in the index covering 1995 to current.
- From Bentham Science, ebook metadata and abstracts for almost 5000 records in all areas of science, technology, medicine, social sciences and humanities.
- Expanded content from Bloomsbury Academic to include the key online library Drama Online, an online resource for plays, critical analysis and performance, developed in partnership with Faber and Faber Ltd.
- Approximately 4225 biographies from Chadwyck-Healey’s Literature Online (LION) resource.
- More than 167,000 records from the Digital Library of Georgia open access collection of digitized books, manuscripts, photographs, government documents, newspapers, maps, architectural drawings, audio, video, and other resources.
- Approximately 70 million patent documents in Espacenet from the European Patent Office (EPO), a global player and one of Europe's largest international organisations. The EPO is the executive arm of the European Patent Organisation and its publications include material about inventions and technical developments dating back to 1836.
- More than 85,000 records from the Federal Reserve Archive of Economic History (FRASER) collection of historic policy documents including publications of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System and the District Federal Reserve Banks, statements and speeches of Fed policymakers, archival materials of Fed policymakers and more. FRASER provides access to the nation’s economic history—particularly the history of the Federal Reserve System—through digitization of documents related to the U.S. financial system.
- Key German social science resources from GESIS-Leibniz Institute for the Social Sciences including about 100,000 records from SOLIS (Social Science Literature Information System), which had bibliographic records since 1945 with links to over 25,000 full text records and SOFIS (Social Science Research Information System).
- From Kanopy Streaming Service more than 2000 records from their patron driven demand (PDD) collections. Kanopy partners with some of the world’s most creative filmmakers and respected distributors to offer libraries a growing library of more than 18,000 videos across diverse content areas like architecture, teacher education, health and safety, culture and politics in media, health studies, and more.
- The full text of 12 professional journals closely related to legal practice from the German legal publisher Lexxion Verlagsgesellschaft mbH.
- 76,710 metadata and more than 57,000 full text records covering the open access full text collection of the Welsh Journals Online from the National Library of Wales including the complete run of 50 titles as well as occasional papers, Index volumes and Monographs.
- The NRC Publications Archive from the National Research Council of Canada includes all NRC-authored publications including a wide range of peer-reviewed publications (articles, proceedings, books, book chapters) and technical reports from all NRC Institutes, Branches, Programs, and Centres. The NRC Publications Archive is an online repository containing more than 50,000 publication citations and provides access to more than 12,000 full-text publications.
- Oxford University Press resource British Academy Publications Online including more than 350 records.
- Approximately 28 peer-reviewed journals for medical education UK-based publisher Remedica.
- From Wolters Kluwer Health, a leading global provider of information for healthcare professionals, researchers, and students, abstract and full reference (metadata) details of LWW’s 280 journals in the fields of medicine, nursing and allied health professionals for Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW) content available on the Ovid institutional research platform.
Summon® clients can stay updated on all releases, enhancements and newly indexed content through the Support Center.
Updates to Ulrich’s
The world's most authoritative source of bibliographic and publisher information for serials, and the most comprehensive source of print and electronic serials data available, continues to expand. Here are the latest updates, across 105,614 (active) and 64,850 (inactive) Publisher/Provider authority records, and 977 Subject areas.
- 381,661 periodicals (increasing 1033 since July 31)
- 166,974 titles with A&I coverage (increasing 699 since July 31)
- 133,215 non-English titles (increasing 259 since July 31)
- 39,096 refereed publications (increasing 268 since July 31)
- 9,387 Open Access journals (increasing 61 since July 31)
- 612 A&I Databases, with 5557 active (increasing 5 since July 31)
Over 350 years of British colonial activity and its associated conflicts are documented in two ProQuest historical collections — Colonial State Papers and British Periodicals. The former presents documents pertaining to the administration of…
Part one of a two-part blog series. Over 350 years of British colonial activity and its associated conflicts are documented in two ProQuest historical collections — Colonial State Papers and British Periodicals. The former presents documents…
ProQuest Congressional offers insight into the historic origins of lacrosse as a Native American sport, including traditions specific to Native American peoples of New York and numerous other places. The U.S. Serial Set contains 19th and 20th…