Welcome to the Q4 2015 ProQuest News Content Update, focused on keeping you informed of recent title changes for ProQuest Newsstand products and Factiva. This update contains content changes between April and September 2015.
ProQuest Newsstand Products – New Content
Added in mid-2015 is new full-text content from AOL, including the Huffington Post, EnGadget, and Tech Crunch blogs. These sites offers news, blogs, and original content and cover politics, business, entertainment, environment, technology, popular media, lifestyle, culture, comedy, healthy living, women's interests, and local news. In 2012, The Huffington Post became the first commercially run U.S. digital media enterprise to win a Pulitzer Prize.
New international news sources now included in ProQuest Newsstand products are Beijing Today, an English-language expat newspaper in China, and the Express Newspaper titles from the UK.
Download this spreadsheet for a list of all the new content added to and removed from your ProQuest Newsstand databases.
Factiva Content Update
Factiva has enhanced its global content collection by adding 260 new licensed sources, 89 licensed industry sources, 1018 crawled websites, 164 government agency websites from China, and 58 blogs.
A selection of highlights of licensed sources:
- The Asahi Shimbun, a major Japanese-language national newspaper and the second-largest newspaper in the world by matriculation, providing the Tokyo HQ, including Osaka, Nagoya, Western HQ editions and regional editions of Hokkaido and each prefecture
- JW (Asia & Japan Watch), the Asahi Shimbun’s English-language online news portal
- The Kanagawa Shimbun, a regional morning newspaper from Kanagawa Prefecture of Japan
- English-language newspapers from Africa: Daily Observer (Gambia); Times of Zambia; The Standard (Zimbabwe) and The Zimbabwe Independent
- Eight French-language daily regional newspapers from Belgium: L’Avenir, La Capitale, La Dernière Heure, La Libre Belgique, La Meuse, Nord Éclair, La Nouvelle Gazette and La Province
- Six Russian sources focusing on the transportation and logistics industry in Russia: Logistics, Railway Transport, Railway Economics, Oil Transport Facilities, Morskie vesti Rossii and Vozdushnyi flot
- 10 industry websites from France covering a range of sectors, including: insurance, real estate, online banking, pension and retirement plans, and taxation
- 3 regional newspapers: Lechorepublicain.fr, Le Régional de Cosne and L'Echo
Charleston Advisor Award
ProQuest has won the Best Interface award in The Charleston Advisors Annual Readers’ Choice Award in recognition of its newly-enhanced ProQuest platform.