Welcome to the March 2015 ProQuest Multidisciplinary Content Update, focused on keeping you informed of the journal, magazine, newspapers, dissertations, reports, books, and other content added and removed from your ProQuest databases. In addition to sharing the new content available in your ProQuest Central database subscriptions, these quarterly updates will update you on enhancements to the ProQuest platform.
New Scholarly Journals
• In business, 20 new scholarly journals with active full text were added, from publishers such as Oxford University Press (Capital Markets Law Journal, International Data Privacy Law), Emerald, Springer, Bowen and Canadian Tax Network, Elsevier (Journal of Accounting Literature) and Oxford (Trusts & Trustees), as well as Current Politics and Economics of Northern and Western Asia.
• In social sciences some highlighted titles were added, such as Northwestern Journal of International Human Rights, Northwestern Journal of Law and Social Policy, Araucaria (Universidad de Sevilla), Paideía (Universidade de Sao Paulo), and impact-factored title Adicciones from Spain, with full text back to 1999.
• In health and medical coverage, 25 ongoing scholarly full-text journals were recently added, expanding holdings in biochemistry, bioengineering, nursing, pediatrics, psychiatry, pharmacology, and general medicine.
• In science and technology, several scholarly journals were added from Nova Science Publishers and Taylor & Francis, among others.
• In business, 23 magazines or trade journals were added, such as Fuel from Hart Energy, Inside US Trade Daily Report, and Recruiter from Redactive Publishing.
• In technology, medical, and business, 19 new titles were added from Advantage Business Media on industries ranging from drug manufacturing to surgical products, and food manufacturing to industrial distribution.
• New news wire feeds added include China Knowledge, Daily Business Newswires from Singapore, three Live Briefs from Midnight Trader, and 22 new exchange and industry-focused wire feeds from News Bites.
See a full list of periodical content added to ProQuest Central in Q4 2014 here.
New other content types (reports, dissertations, working papers, conference proceedings)
• Two new sources of conference proceedings from Academy of International Business and Challenges of Europe: International Conference Proceedings are now available.
• New market research reports from Company Snapshot from Acquisdata, and three new reports from the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD Insurance Statistics, Developments in Steelmaking Capacity and Uranium) have been loaded. Also look for new company reports and SWOTs from Canadean, Strategic Defence Analysis Reports, ICD Research Reports, and Wealth Insight.
• Country Reports for 79 countries from The Economist Intelligence Unit are adding to an already strong selection of content from this very important provider.
• Over 18,000 full-text dissertations with specialty subject indexing were added to support scholarly research and citation tracking across many disciplines, such as business, education, political science, nursing, and psychology.
• Ex Libris’ discovery service PRIMO has fullly indexed all of ProQuest Central’s content, including the newspapers within ProQuest Central. For PRIMO customers, this greatly enhances discovery of all of your ProQuest content.
• For more return on your investment (ROI) in your ProQuest content, all of the scholarly journals from ProQuest, both current and historical, have now been indexed for Google Scholar. If your library already uses Google Library Links, the addition of ProQuest scholarly journal content will be seamless. For all users authenticated into ProQuest resources, these full-text results will found when searching through Google Scholar. We expect Google to enable the ProQuest content within their service sometime this summer.
To discover the titles that were discontinued or removed from ProQuest Central in this period, you may check the title list.