The July 2015 Proquest Statistical & Datasets Products Content Update is focused on keeping you informed of tables, datasets, reports and other statistical content added and coming to your ProQuest Statistical products databases. In addition to sharing the new content available in your Stats & Datasets database subscriptions, these quarterly updates will update you on enhancements to the ProQuest platform.
Statistical Abstract of the United States
- Nearly 500 tables have been updated for the 2016 edition, and are available online today! More than 40 new tables will appear in the 2016 edition -- NEW tables available TODAY include: Public Charter and Traditional Schools by Selected Characteristics (1418); Public Charter Schools and Enrollment by State (1419); Marital Status of Population and Number of Times Married by Sex and Median Duration of Marriage (1422); Immunization of Children Age 19-35 Months by Vaccine Type and State (1424); Employer-Sponsored Health Insurance Enrollment by Type of Plan and Employer Size (1425); Household Use of Food Pantries and Emergency (Soup) Kitchens (1426); College Campus Crime-Incidents and Rates by Type of Crime and Institution (1427); and Resident Population Projections for Native and Foreign-Born Populations by Age Group (1431).
Statistical Abstracts of the World
- NEW country yearbooks for Argentina and Turkey are now available. New yearbook editions available to date include: South Africa, Ireland, Azerbaijan, Indonesia, Israel, Netherlands, Sweden, Palestine, Mexico, Vietnam, Peru, Spain, France, Iran, Czech Republic, Austria, United Arab Emirates, Thailand, and Canada. All tables are available in the language of publication as well as in English where translation is required.
ProQuest International Datasets
- NEW datasets from the U.S. Census, American Community Survey 2013 with visual maps available to the U.S. County AND Zip Code-level now available! New socio-economic datasets for Turkey, Iran and India; new Oxford Economics datasets for the Middle East and Africa city forecasts; and new datasets from the United Nations Service Trade, National Cancer Institute, European Central Bank, U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis, and U.S. Census Business Dynamics Statistics are now available.
- New International coverage (IIS PDF Service) includes reports and monographs from: Asian Development Bank; European Union; Inter-American Development Bank; International Sugar Organization; International Energy Agency; United Nations General Assembly; United Nations Secretariat; Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific; Economic Commissions for Africa, Europe, Latin America and the Caribbean, and Western Asia; Food and Agriculture Organization; United Nations Conference on Trade and Development; United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime; International Bank for Reconstruction and Development; Statistics Canada; Pan American Health Organizations. Plus, nearly 7,500 annual and periodical report new editions are now available from various U.S. Government Departments and Agencies, International Government Organizations, Non-Profit Organizations, and Trade and Industry groups.
Platform and Database Updates
New Interface Makes Statistical Abstract of the United States & Statistical Abstracts of the World Accessible on ANY Device
- Launched on June 1, the new User Interface makes ProQuest Statistical Abstract products accessible in a mobile environment – from laptop to tablet to mobile phone. It features the same functionality regardless of screen size, providing access anytime, anywhere to statistical content. You can now easily toggle through search results from within the document view or expand an in-line preview within the search results. Plus, the navigation has been improved with tables of content moving closer to the search box AND action areas (download, email) now together in a common location. Statistical Abstracts of the World users can now search or browse the current edition or old editions.
ProQuest is launching a new user interface for Statistical Abstract products to improve the research experience.…
Sign up now for free sessions on opportunities built through Linked Data and continual engagement.…
With ALA Annual approaching, we want to let you know the events where ProQuest subject matter experts are sharing how the company is elevating the research experience.…