Welcome to the Q3 ProQuest Multidisciplinary Content Update, focused on keeping you informed of the journal, grey literature, book, and other content added and removed from your ProQuest databases. In addition to sharing the new content available in your database subscriptions, these quarterly updates will update you on enhancements to the ProQuest platform.
A total of 285 new titles were added to ProQuest Central this quarter.
- 206 scholarly journals
- 14 trade or professional journals
- 11 magazines
- 16 newspapers and wire feeds
- 23 reports
- 4 working papers series
- 1 video collection
87 titles were ceased in ProQuest Central this quarter.
Business content in ProQuest Central
- ABI is now the only business product to contain full text for all four of these top sources for global business news – The Economist, Wall St. Journal, Financial Times, and Australian Financial Review. AFR is available with no embargo, and when loading is complete we will have two years of back file.
- 40 new full-text scholarly journals were added from 14 publishers, with 23 from Walter de Gruyter. Other titles came from publishers such as CUP, Springer, Academy of Business and Retail Management. New regional titles are available from Brazil, Denmark, Hungary, Italy, and Serbia.
- Nine new business magazines and trade journals were added, including 7 from Athena Information Solutions (TravelBiz Monitor, Russia Business News, PharmaBiz, News on Projects, India Telecom News, India Aviation News, and HospitalityBiz).
- News and wirefeeds were added from Networld Media Group.
- 17 new market research sources added this quarter, including 5 mutual fund reports from ICRA Online by Athena Information Solutions and 12 ongoing full-text reports from the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations.
Medical content in ProQuest Central
- 93 ongoing full-text publications were added or resumed coverage in ProQuest’s Health and Medical Collections last quarter. These titles add to your institution’s existing coverage in general medicine, psychiatry, dentistry, alternative medicine, and other research areas.
- Because the study of medicine is a global discipline, ProQuest licenses content from publishers all over the world in order to provide medical researchers with the balance and perspective needed for effective research. Altogether of the 93 new publications added last quarter, 88 are from outside of the United States.
Science & Technology content in ProQuest Central
- Two new conference proceedings were added this quarter:
- International Conference on Digital Information Processing, E-Business and Cloud Computing (DIPECC)
- International Conference on Computing Technology and Information Management (ICCTIM)
- A new INTELECOM Chemistry Video Collection was added.
- Eleven agriculture reports from the United Nations and the U.S. were added.
- 17 scholarly journals were added in the subjects of biological sciences and chemistry and 10 scholarly journals covering computer sciences were also added.
Social Sciences and Humanities content in ProQuest Central
- Three criminology titles, 9 education titles, 12 political science and sociology titles.
- Three history titles, two humanities, 11 linguistics, 2 literature, 4 religion and philosophy titles.
News content in ProQuest Central
Six newspapers and 10 wire feeds were added to ProQuest Central this quarter, including The Hindu Times and The Charleston Gazette-Mail.
80 new titles were added, including 75 scholarly journals, 3 trade journals, 1 magazine. 20 titles were ceased this quarter.
- Scholarly Journals: 44 scholarly journals were ceased in ProQuest Central
- Trade Journals: 15 were ceased in ProQuest Central
- Magazines: 5 magazines were ceased in ProQuest Central
- News: 22 newspapers were ceased in ProQuest Central
Download this spreadsheet for a list of all the new content added to and removed from your ProQuest multidisciplinary databases from July to September 2015.