2016 was a great year for discovering and sharing information that can help your library, and its users, thrive. Our most-read, most-shared blog posts of the past year cover a range of topics.
1. Alexander Street Joins the ProQuest Family of Companies: Connecting Alexander Street’s deep video and music collections with ProQuest’s rich, curated content and workflow expertise powers research, putting users on the path to great outcomes.
2. 3 Hot Social Media Trends for Libraries: Spoiler alert! The trends are streaming video, employee advocacy and messaging apps; see why they’re so hot right now.
3. The Librarian’s Guide to Intersecting Tech Trends: From maker spaces to data privacy, learn how libraries can safely and confidently use today’s technology.
4. CSI Librarian Style: Research Forensics in the News Library: An extraordinary story: Boston Globe librarian Lisa Tuite had a role helping uncover the sex-abuse scandal related in the movie “Spotlight.”
5. 3 Ways to Breathe New Life into Your Library Blog: Got a blog that can use some pizzazz? A few simple changes connects your community to your library.
6. Space Reclamation Is a Change Driver in Libraries: See what your fellow librarians are saying about creating more effective space – and overcoming resistance to change.
7. Boosting the Power of Ebooks for Librarians and Researchers: This intro to Ebook Central outlines user-oriented features like responsive design and offline reading.
8. What Researchers Look for When They Search Funding Opportunities: The money is out there – but how do you find it? See how targeted, filtered searches simplify the path.
9. Discovering Ignorance Is No Longer Bliss: Greg Fowlie of Taylor & Francis Books on new purchasing models; “It was absolutely essential that more people inside the company understood the nascent changes to the purchasing patterns in the library sector to ensure that we weren’t caught out by developments in the marketplace.”
10. 15 Must-Have Marketing Tips for Libraries: Approach marketing the way the big dogs do: through visuals, social media, SEO and more.