As we move into the New Year providers will start making their calendar-year COUNTER usage reports available. Is your Data Retrieval Service (DRS) Request Form up to date so that our SUSHI and administration-based harvesting will be able to retrieve all the reports you desire?
Now is a good time to review your request form and make any necessary updates to your login details for harvesting statistics from your providers. To access your DRS Request Form:
- Intota users: Click on Tools. The Vendor Statistics Management page will open, with the Manage Data Retrieval section containing all of your DRS Request Form information.
- Client Center users: Click on COUNTER Configuration and then click the DRS Request Form button on the top right of the 360 Counter page.
It is worth noting that there are now more than 50 providers that require IP authentication to access their administrative site, so we recommend that you review the list of providers and make sure your DRS Request Form includes the needed information.
- For more information about providers requiring IP authentication, Intota users should review this Support Center article, Client Center users should review this article (Support Center login required).
Additionally, take a look at which COUNTER usage reports on the DRS Request Form you have selected for harvesting. Providers routinely expand their COUNTER-compliant report offerings, so there may be additional reports you would like us to upload so that the data can be queried when you run consolidated reports. There is no limit to the number of COUNTER-compliant reports you can request for uploading.
Lastly, many libraries find great value in incorporating subscription costs into the consolidated reports they run to analyze their collection, so if your library has not yet entered costs into your library profile, the documentation and webinar resources below can help you get started.
- Webinars (live and recorded sessions are available)
- Support Center documentation (login required)
Find a little time to look into the above recommendations and when it comes time to assess your 2015 usage and costs, you will be glad you did so!
Learn from Yvette Diven, Lead Product Manager, Data Services at ProQuest as she explores the growth of e-resources, particularly Knowledgebase coverage of e-serials and aggregated packages of content in languages other than English.…
Leveraging ProQuest’s broad and comprehensive profiles of scholars from all around the world, we are excited to announce the latest addition to the Pivot product family, Pivot Gallery.…
The occasional View from the Knowledgebase is intended to provide you with a statistical glimpse into the ProQuest® Knowledgebase, the comprehensive and authoritative repository of electronic, print, and digital resource metadata that powers…